Thursday, October 27, 2005

I ink-thay at-they im-ay e-thay aziest-lay erson-pay on-ay e-thay anet-play.

Pig Latin

Dylan has been practicing Pig Latin today. One day he aspires to be fluent in the language. My hopes are not high. You see, his father spent many years in Germany and hardly speaks a word of German. I just don't think that our family is particularly gifted when it comes to learning second languages. Otgay atthey?

Its official. I am a slob!

Sean hates that I'm a slob. To be honest, I hate that about me too. I have actually started to think that I've really changed, and that I'm not a slob anymore. Well, I'm finding that I have a long way to go still. Sean goes out of town for two weeks, and somehow I just can't force myself to clean the house when I know he won't be coming home. I'm not a harried housewife. I'm just lazy! I have four children, yes. But 3 of them are in school during the day, and considering the inordinate amount of time I spend on the internet, I'm sure I could do something more productive. I have the time and energy to keep the house clean. What I apparently lack at the moment is the desire.

I change a diaper and just leave the soiled diaper sitting wherever I please, taking joy in my small victory, knowing that Sean won't be home later, saying "Laurie!!! why is there a diaper in the living room?" After a few days of leaving them wherever I want, even I am getting annoyed by the diapers everywhere. Sigh. The toilet needs cleaning. The floor needs vaccuuming. The dishes, well, I'm not even going to talk about them.

Sean will be home in less than a week and I need to start cleaning my house so he doesn't cry when he walks in the door.

No comments: