Thursday, July 07, 2005

You think she misses me? Whole wheat spaghetti noodles

I called my dd finally. She's been 500 miles away, at her Grandparent's house. Conversation goes something like this:

me: Hi Honey! How are you doing?
dd: Fine!
me: Are you having fun?
dd: Yes!
me: Do you miss me?
dd: No.

She's having fun and not really thinking twice about us. I'm pretty sure that if she thought she would never see us again she would consider missing us. She loves her grandparents and her aunts, uncles and cousins. Dylan was ready to come home after two weeks, and maybe she will be too. Maybe.

Sean isn't fond of spaghetti, and last night I made spaghetti (strike 1). I used whole wheat noodles (strike 2). No meat (foul). I was able to make some garlic bread (base hit). I didn't score any points with dinner, but hey, I didn't strike out!

Speaking of softball, the house we bought is just a stones throw away from the city's ball park. That means that we won't have to worry about getting our kids to ball practice. They can just walk! Right now we only live about 1/2 mile away, but Arkansas doesn't believe in walking and has no side walks or crosswalks. There is a major street to cross. Its not really safe for them to walk alone, so we either walk with them or drive them. The season is over now, but next year will be easier!

No comments: