Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Oven Crisped Tofu

I didn't grow up eating tofu. Nope. So I'm having to learn the art of eating tofu as I go. It doesn't help that Sean isn't very, well, appreciative of my tofu efforts. So far, I mostly just make it for lunches for myself and leave him out of the equation.

This is a recipe from the Passionate Vegetarian.




I had to return the book to the library, and I didn't write down the recipe. Lets see if I can remember:

Oven Crisped Tofu


Tofu
Minced garlic
Mirin
cornstarch
fresh ground pepper

I'm not sure of the quantities. If I check out the book again, I'll update this post.

Anyway, mix all the ingredients and add the tofu and marinate it for at least one hour. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray. Line the slices of tofu on the sheet and bake for 10 minutes, then flip over and bake 10 minutes more. I think it was baked at 500 degrees.

I'm really going to have to update this recipe, aren't I?

I served it on some stir fry vegetables with Soy Vay Teriyaki Sauce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, this looks yummy to me. I love tofu! They have some packaged marinated tofu in the grocery stores (Thai Sesame) that I would get every time if it weren't so darn expensive.