Friday, October 13, 2006

Teriyaki Beans and Rice

I was all "eh, what am I making for dinner...do I really have to cook???" Apparently the family expected it or something.

This is what I came up with, and it was actually quite good! I should have made more.




Teriyaki Beans and Rice

This was a throw together meal, and I didn't measure. So keep in mind that all measurements are approximate and can be adjusted as you please.


1/2 lb mushrooms, chopped
stalk broccoli, chopped
1 1/2 cups navy beans (probably equivalent to 1 can)
2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
1/4 cup Soy Vay Teriyaki Sauce
tablespoon rice vinegar
2 stalks green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped

Saute the mushrooms and broccoli in the teriyaki sauce. Add the garlic and ginger. Saute for a few minutes more. Add beans, rice vinegar, green onions and cilantro and cook until heated through.

Serve with rice.

No comments: