Thursday, July 27, 2006

Lemon Pasta with Simple Sauteed Mushrooms

My in-laws make a lemon pasta similar to this. I just added the ham for something different. The garlic is my addition also.

These mushrooms are just one of my favorite things to make. I learned from my Dad that just about anything is good when sauteed in Worchester Sauce. To quote Hannah when she eats these mushrooms: "Mmmmmm, yum, you made them just how I like them."

This is an easy and quick meal to make.


Lemon Pasta
4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
juice and zest of 2 lemons
1/2 cup heavy cream, or half and half
1/2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese (parmesan would be good, too, but I only had pecorino, so thats what I used)
about 4 oz. ham, chopped into big(ish) chunks
1/2 lb linguini, cooked
salt and pepper, to taste

Boil the water and cook the pasta.

While the water is coming to a boil, make the sauce. In a medium saucepan, combine the cream, zest, lemon juice, and garlic. Heat gently to just boiling. Add the Add the cheese and stir. Add the ham, and heat through. Remove from heat. (Be careful not to overheat)

When the pasta is cooked, add it to the sauce and stir to combine.

Simple Sauteed Mushrooms
1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1-2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste

In a saucepan, combine all ingredients, and saute until the mushrooms have released juices. My kids love these! Even Hypatia voluntarily ate some!

No comments: