Sunday, July 09, 2006

Little Things in Life That Are So Wonderful

hummus

hours of unlimited time at a bookstore or library (haven't had that since having children)

sitting outside in the shade with a breeze and its a perfect temperature

softball games (batting, catching, watching). I'm not that good, but I love swinging at the ball and hearing a perfect thunk sound when the ball hits the bat.

fabric, fabric stores, looking in the pattern book, daydreaming about what I might sew.

The final scene of the movie "Green Card".

A clean house (usually I'm visiting someone else)

Singing harmony. I'm good at it and it feels wonderful to blend beautifully with other voices.

A nonfiction book that is about something very interesting that I know very little about. I read the most interesting sections first, and then fill in the gaps by finding parts that I missed. I love it when I think I've read the whole book and then I stumble across a whole section of information that I had missed completely!

Pop songs that I remember loving when I was a kid in the 70's, such as: Captain and Tennille's song, "Love Will Keep Us Together", and "Silly Love Songs" by Paul McCartney, and "Here You Come Again", by Dolly Parton.

The sound of babies and toddlers laughing

Sliced avocado, cucumber, and sweet onion on a tortilla

My 2 1/2 year old who is obsessed with blowing strawberries (raspberries or whatever you call it). He can't stop himself. He does it to everyone he knows. He pulls your shirt down and blows on your chest. He pulls your shirt up and blows on your belly. He blows on your legs if you have shorts on. He blows on your cheeks and neck whenever you hold him. And he even does it in the middle of the night when he's half awake and finds an arm near his mouth. PBBBBTHHH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is one cute 2 1/2 year old! Hey, tell the story about the orthodontist's office. : )

I like most of those things, too. It's a good list. Only "singing harmony" I'm not good at so scratch that on mine.

Hey, I'm going to put a goal on my 43things to get all of the words to all of those songs we sang as kids. Or maybe I'll get the MP3s. Next time we have a road trip together, I'll be prepared!