Monday, September 18, 2006

Corn Bread

I guess I had forgotten that my kids really like corn bread, because I was a little suprised when they got all excited over eating this. It was moist and yummy.

This recipe is adapted from the Better Homes and Garden's red binder cook book.




Corn Bread
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 cup fresh or frozen sweet corn

Stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add eggs milk, and oil. Beat just till smooth (do not overbeat). Fold in the fresh or frozen corn. Turn into 9x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Makes 8 or 9 servings.

1 comment:

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Ain't nothin' wrong wi dat. :) (I hope you are a Chris Rock fan... if not that just made no sense. lol!)