Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Garlic Lime Chicken

If you've ever eaten Cajun barbequed shrimp, then you'll know what this tastes like. Its spice mix is very similar to a cajun seasoning, and then its cooked with a lot of lime. I really enjoyed this recipe!

As per usual, I didn't use a full 6 breast halves, and I cut the breasts into strips. We just don't eat one whole huge breast per person in this family. That's a lot of meat!

I also forgot to add the paprika. Am I ever going to make a recipe in which I don't forget something?!

Of course I used fresh garlic instead of powdered, but I'm sure you knew that already.


Garlic Lime Chicken

1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder (or a couple cloves of fresh, minced)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon thyme
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 cup chicken broth

Hmm...lemme see, I think I cooked the chicken breasts in the spices and oil and butter, and then added the lime juice and chicken broth near the end. When the chicken was done, I took it out of the pan and boiled the broth and the juice for a while until it reduced a bit.

Garnish with parsley if desired, and then eat!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've made a variation of this before. It's nice to have a few easy staple recipes on-hand!

Anonymous said...

i love your blog. i could read here for hours on end! so, um, when am i invited for dinner?

Laurie said...

Garrett: I ate some blue cheese and roasted garlic on toast yesterday (I remembered your comment). It was yummy. Dh has this tiny jar of truffle honey he got from somewhere and we drizzled a bit of that on too. Mmmm...gooooood!

Joyce: Nice to see that you like my blog! I've been in love with your elliebelly site forever. I love to do crafts but I never, ok rarely, get around finishing anything. Thats why I blog about food, 'cause I cook anyway! lol.

Val in the Rose Garden said...

OMG that looks SO good and it is only 10 am. lol! I will have to use this one soon!

Val