Sunday, August 20, 2006

Teriyaki Chicken with Zucchini and Noodles

If you haven't tried Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce, now is the time! It has become a favorite among my family. My kids can't get enough zucchini when its sauteed in this stuff!

This is an easy, throw together meal. Nothing fancy; it hardly qualifies as cooking. Saute some veggies, debone a rotisserie chicken, and cook some noodles, and you're done! I had some roasted garlic on hand, so I threw some into this meal, but usually I just chop a few cloves of fresh garlic.



Teriyaki Chicken with Zucchini and Noodles

3 medium zucchinis
1/2 med onion, sliced
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced, or roasted garlic, mashed
Some Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce (my kids use too much)
a cup or so of shredded chicken (I often use a rotisserie chicken)
2 tablepoons chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon sesame oil
addtional cilantro and sesame seeds for garnish
fresh oriental noodles, cooked

Saute the zucchini, onion, and garlic in a few splashes of teriyaki sauce. Add the chicken and heat through. Stir in some toasted sesame seed oil and add the noodles. Top with cilantro and a sprinkle of sesame oil. At this point I add in more teriyaki sauce until its flavored to my (kids) liking.

No comments: