Saturday, August 12, 2006

Lemonade/Limeade

This is a classic beverage that is worth making. If I'm going to drink lemonade or limeade, this is what I'm going to have. No Country Time for me!

I'm lucky though. I never actually make it. Sean makes it for me (well, its really for him, but I reap the benefits too!). We have one of those citrus presses that helps make the job a bit easier.

For the recipe, I remember I heard someone on a cooking show making lemonade and I wrote down the proportions and its what we have used ever since.

We always have mint growing by our door, so we pick some and toss it in. It is a wonderful complementary addition.



Limeade

1 cup lime juice (of course you can use lemon if you want)
1 cup sugar
4 cups water
Mint leaves

Mix the lemon juice, sugar, and water. Stir, stir, stir. Add mint leaves. Refridgerate untill chilled. Stir once more before drinking.

You could make a simple syrup by boiling the water and sugar first, then cooling and adding the lemon juice. I never bother.

2 comments:

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Beautiful! That glass carafe' (sp?) sets it off just pefectly. You have some art in your photography my friend. :D

Val

Laurie said...

Thanks, sweetie!!

You know, I think I would love to take a photography class. Suddenly I want to learn more!