Friday, August 18, 2006

Sticky Buns Revisited

Update:find an updated recipe at Evolution of the sticky bun.

Remember my popular Walnut Sticky Buns? Well, I made them again, but this time I had a bag of pecan halves. I loved the walnuts, and I don't want to be a traitor to their cause, but I thought I'd use pecans this time. Yum!!! Like children I give birth to, I can't pick a favorite. I love both nutty buns (and children) equally. :)

I made one change to the recipe (aside from the kind of nut). I thought that the sticky goo was slightly too chewy when it cooled. I wanted it to be softer, even when it was cooled. So I thought that I could add a bit of cream to the sticky part of the recipe. Thats what I did, and it was PERFECT! I'm pretty sure I added 2 tablespoons of cream (it could have been 3).

Oh Wow! This really is one incredible recipe!!!


5 comments:

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Well your sweet buns are much more fun than the ones I posted today. lol... Those look amazing! I haven't made sticky buns in a really long time (dh doesn't like nutsm or rasins, or anything that make these really yummy... can you believe that?)

Val

Laurie said...

Well, I can't make 'em too often, lol. They are just, well, fattening!!!

Was it a commercial that I saw once that showed a lady walking down the street with cinnamon rolls stuck to her rear? The point was that we are what we eat!

I don't like raisins in my desserts, but I do like them in my savory foods. Isn't that funny? I never put them in cakes or muffins.

Val in the Rose Garden said...

That is funny... but I am the same way. Although I really like them in the muffins for some reason. Gives them a burst of sweetness.

I have a really amazing yellow split pea soup with curry and rasins that I just LOVE... fall is coming... soup season! OMG! I can't wait. I will try out your bean soup then too... that looks SO good.

Val

MsW said...

I'm the same about raisins. I mean I don't like them generally, but especially not in cakes and things. I wonder if I'd like that curry raisin split pea soup. That sounds interesting. I like split pea soup.

Laurie said...

Val, you're talking about Lorna Sass's recipe, aren't you? I learned about it from you on Amity's, lol. I've made it before. I had it on my menu to make the other day, but didn't get around to it.

Oh, I love that soup! My kids hated the raisins in it, but I adore the little bites of sweetness!

Sera, it is a great soup. I'll make it for you next time you visit, ok? :)